Job Opportunities - Duty Manager
We currently have an opening for a Duty Manager
Download the Job Pack HERE
For more information or to make an application please review the job description and person specification in the Job Pack and if you meet the criteria please complete an application form:
Click here for the application form - Word version or PDF version
Once you have fully competed the application form you should email it with your CV to email@example.com
Role: Duty Manager
Location: Pill Millennium Centre (Pill Mill)
Responsible To: Centre Manager
Responsible For: Supervision of Recreation Assistant staff and volunteers
Hours: Full Time - 37 hours per week
Working Hours: The post will require the post holder to work flexibly including early mornings, evenings and weekends on a regular basis. This post holder will primarily cover evening and weekend shifts.
Pay: £11.80 per hour / £22,703 pa
To manage the day to day operation of a thriving community and leisure facility based in the heart of Pillgwenlly, Newport. You will be responsible for the completion of all of the hands-on operational duties that are required to ensure the provision of a safe, clean and welcoming facility. You will be committed to, and will play a key influencing role in, maintaining the high standards and comprehensive operational procedures in place.
· Build a relationship with Centre customers to ensure that a quality service is given.
· To ensure that the building is left secure by following the daily lock up procedure and to be available as the out of hours as emergency key holder.
· To undertake and record staff training including induction training, and training related to all Centre procedures, health and safety, fire safety and emergency procedures.
· The supervision and instruction of Recreation Assistant staff and volunteers and to record performance information using the Staff Coaching & Performance trackers. To report performance management information to the Centre Manager.
· To oversee the effective completion of the Cleaning Schedule tasks by ensuring that all tasks are completed as required and are signed off accordingly.
· Ensure a high standard of accuracy and clarity when completing paperwork and ensure that relevant information is shared to the Centre Manager and other staff members.
· To ensure that excellent communication skills are used to ensure that relevant information is shared in a timely manner to the Centre Manager, other staff, partners, customers and to the community.
· To manage the reception area by allowing access and exit to and from the building and greeting and dealing with customer enquiries.
· Supervise the conduct of the public in all areas of the Centre to safeguard the enjoyment of all Centre users.
· To answer phone calls and deal with general and booking enquiries.
· To safely set up activities in line with the requirements outlined on the booking form, in the correct rooms, at the correct times.
· To safety check all equipment that is being used, before and after use, to ensure that it is safe to be used.
· Identifying and reporting any defects, breakages and faults.
· Safely storing equipment in its correct space.
· Assist management in ensuring a high standard of Centre presentation is provided for all users at all times by cleaning the Centre (inside and outside areas) and assisting in maintenance as required.
· Regular maintenance and management of the outside 3G area and artificial pitch surface.
· Regularly monitor the Centre both internally and externally, particularly unsupervised areas of the Centre, to avert vandalism and prevent misuse of damage to the Centre and equipment.
· Assist in the promotion of the Centre and its services by maintaining a high standard of dress and appearance at all times and responding positively to all customer enquiries to encourage sales and repeat custom.
· Participate in all necessary external and internal training as required by the Centre Manager.
· To administer first aid in line with the level of qualifications achieved and assist the Centre Manager in dealing with emergency situations.
· Undertake any other duties as directed by the Centre Manager.
The selection process includes:
Paper sift of CV and application form
Interview applicants chosen via application form
Offer of employment is subject to a 6 month probation period