Pill Mill 2022 Refurbishment Project
Exciting news! We have successfully applied for and received some capital funding to be able to complete some much needed refurbishment works to improve the facilities within the Centre and to help to ensure that we can remain sustainable well into the future.
We were really lucky in 2015 when some parts of the Centre were upgraded as part of the Welsh Government Vibrant and Viable Places scheme, however, the other parts of the Centre that were not included in the 2015 works are really in need of some TLC!
We keep the building well maintained and carry out regular redecoration jobs but some of the works that are needed now are well outside our budget and as things deteriorate then maintenance costs increase.
We have been granted the following funding:
Pill Unity £65,000
Streetgames Places and Spaces Capital Fund £10,000
WCVA Landfill Disposal Tax Community Grants Scheme £49,999
We have already completed some works:
* Upgrade 3G flood lights
* Upgrade sports hall lights
* Replacement LED light fittings
Starting in August we are now going to have the following works completed:
* Refurbishment of the Sports Hall flooring
* Decoration in Sports Hall
* Refurbishment of toilet areas
* Refurbishment of the Ron Jones Suite - including flooring, lighting and ceiling
* Redecoration of the Alex Suite
* New double glazed windows and fire exit doors on the ground floor
* Replacement radiators throughout the ground floor
Watch this space and we will keep you updated of our progress.